December 5, 2010

Canapés. Hors d'oeuvres. Botanas. Nibbles.


Whatever you want to call them, what's a cocktail party or open house without these little mouthfuls to tantalize your guests' tastebuds?
Stepping outside my usual boundaries as a preparer of daily sustenance, I jumped on the opportunities I had in the recent year to cater local cocktail parties and open houses and to great success. I've been developing a menu, but as always, I begin with the client's requests in mind and customize to their taste. The menu works as a great starting point, and once I have an idea of the type of event and the client's tastes and budget, I'll present a proposal. From delivering a few trays of hors d'oeuvres, to a fully serviced event with professional servers and myself of course on hand to make sure all is well-presented, I can make your party easy and relaxing for you, the host(ess)
Please click here to see a sample menu for cocktail parties




What some recent clients have to say:


What a joy to work with Margaret--creative food choices, reasonable prices, beautiful presentation, and an efficient, flexible staff.  I recommend her highly!


-Mary Katherine Wainwright
San Miguel Literary Sala, Cocktail reception for release of Anthology, 100+ guests


I had the opportunity to hire chef Margaret Hefner for a cocktail party this year.  I was thoroughly pleased with her professionalism before, during and after the event.  The food and service were excellent, and it was a pleasure to work with Margaret herself.
-Carole Schor
San Miguel Literary Sala, cocktail reception for Kathryn Blair, author of In the Shadow of the Angels. 40 guests


My wife and I recently purchased a home in San Miguel. We held a cocktail celebration and had Margaret do the catering. The food was terrific and was commented on by all our guests. Margaret did a great job, made things so easy for me and we would wholeheartedly recommend her services to anybody.
-Bill Scott

Bermuda

Margaret has a definite flair for preparing interesting party food. The hors d'oeuvres she made were excellent– mouth watering and delicious.  They were served with style and elegance.  Margaret is very professional.   She arrived in a timely fashion and left the kitchen spotless.  I think she is a genuinely talented woman and a first-rate chef.
-Angela Gentleman, San Miguel de Allende

No comments:

Post a Comment